Monday, January 19, 2009

The Photographer


Sometimes we walk past, when our conscience says to stop and lend a hand. I'm glad the rocker dude and his platinum babe decided to offer a minute of their time today. It was another very simple act, but it made a difference for me and my family. I never have enough casual photos, so I asked my step-dad Chuck to snap one of all the girls--me, my daughters, and my mom--in front of St. Mary's Cathedral before we went inside for our friends' organ and piano concert. Chuck is the self-designated historian, and we like his work so why change the photographer? But the spiky-haired gentleman in printed t-shirt, blazer and jeans insisted that we all needed to be in this photo.

It was a fabulous backdrop, so after some prodding we finally gave in. His girlfriend smiled as if to acknowledge this was just normal behavior for her darling man. Sure, it may be typical for your average Joe, but this guy did look extraordinarily cool. Now Chuck will also be in our visual record of a family outing on a beautiful afternoon in the city. And to tell you the truth, I think all of our smiles are more gleaming because of the gorgeous young guy behind the lens!


No comments: